[Meeting] meeting: Re:: Re: In the Spirit

Don Andersen danedon at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 12 19:15:38 SAST 2005

> ----------
> From: 	owner-meeting at kent.net on behalf of Don Andersen[SMTP:DANEDON at HOTMAIL.COM]
> Sent: 	Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:15:38 PM
> To: 	meeting at kent.net
> Subject: 	Re: meeting: Re:: Re: In the Spirit
> Auto forwarded by a Rule

John,

Yes, you are correct, John Ottley, III is a paid Pastor/Elder at our
assembly, having been a "full-time worker" in several assemblies since 1982,
including 5 years at Devine St. Gospel Chapel in Sarnia, Ontario.

It was always my perception also that most people would say "let the pastor
do it," and after being in the EFree church for 3 years and at Cornerstone
for 3 years where they also have a Pastor, I have found this is mainly
something said by those that have no interest in doing anything themselves.
At both places there have been oodles of people willing and able to help in
the ministry needs of the assembly.  btw, neither Pastor had any desire to
do everything either!

I also agree with your thoughts against us making Darby our Patron Saint! :)
  [btw, although I named my son Darby, I don't have such a high view of
J.N.D. ]

Your brother in Christ,

Don Andersen

John Black <jblac at puc.net> wrote:

>----------

Brother Don;
I have known you Don since 1995, I believe,over the years you have told
us a lot about those assemblies, household baptism,etc. Darby was an
outstanding individual but we shouldnt make him our patron saint. Mr.Darby
made mistakes as did Luther, Calvin, and John Knox.
I'm happy to hear you have five elders, I understand you have a hired
Pastor Elder, correct me if I'm mistaken.
I have a friend who has been asked to come to an assembly and be the
Pastor Elder, there are other elders, but this man's name is George, and the
expression comes to my wee mind," Let George do it",eh!
In Him our hope!!
jblac