[Meeting] meeting: Re:: Re: In the Spirit

Don Andersen danedon at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:33:33 SAST 2005

> ----------
> From: 	owner-meeting at kent.net on behalf of Don Andersen[SMTP:DANEDON at HOTMAIL.COM]
> Sent: 	Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:33:33 PM
> To: 	jblac at puc.net; meeting at kent.net
> Subject: 	Re: meeting: Re:: Re: In the Spirit
> Auto forwarded by a Rule

John,

I thought it interesting that you mentioned having "a central governing
body."  Unless someone has read any of the "History of Plymouth Brethren"
books they wouldn't know that at one time this occured in London whereby the
elders from all the assemblies in the area met on a regular basis to decide
things that would be done in all the assemblies.

Your brother in Christ,

Don Andersen

John Black <jblac at puc.net> wrote:

Dear Don et all;
One thing history proves is that man doesn't learn from history.
Assemblies that once were reasonably sound in keeping God's word and not
denieing His name,now like to call themselves The Brethren, like to hire a
Pastor, and there is a movement to have a central governing body, an
eclesiastical hierarchy.
According to the information I have in 606 A.D. after the death of
Gregory [ bishop of Rome ],Emperor Phocas conferred the title of Universal
Bishop upon Boniface, thus the papacy was born.
In Him our hope!
jblac