[Meeting] meeting: SCRIPTURE TRUTH Mark 8:35

Jones, Rob (SF02) rob.jones at honeywell.com
Fri Oct 6 12:05:14 SAST 2006

                         SCRIPTURE TRUTH

Mark 8:35 - For whosoever shall save his life shall lose it; but
whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's the same
shall save it.
V36 - For what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world,
and lose his own soul?

Philippians 3:7 - But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss
for Christ.
V8 - Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency
of the knowledge of Christ Jesus My Lord: For whom I have suffered the
loss of all things and do count them but dung (refuse) that I might win
Christ, V9 - And be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, the
righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith
of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.
The Scriptures make it abundantly clear that everyone's life is in three
stages, from conception to birth (Psalm 139: 13-18) and from birth to
death, and from death through eternity, and each of these stages of life
usually are longer than the other.
Even if a person lives a hundred years eternity is far, far longer, and
every person will either be in heaven with Christ, like Him forever, or
be in hell, without God, and without hope. If we shall gain the whole
world, and live and die, without Christ; what have we gained?
"Only one life, will soon be passed, and only wnat's done for Christ,
will last." - Unknown

May I ask you a Question -Are you saving your life by living for self,
and sin, or are you losing your life, by living for Christ now to have
eternal gain?

Robert R. Suitt
Mebane Gospel Chapel